Thursday, February 4, 2010

Windshield Wipers Waving for an Audience of One

If I had things my way math would not be a part of this world. I'm pretty sure I had the day off of work today and I'm pretty sure I spent 8 hours catching up on my math after I went running. Seriously, is it really useful to be able to do this trash?! I'm pretty sure beyond basic adding and subtraction and well figuring out how much commission I get on stuff I sell at work, I don't use it. If I didn't work 40 hours a week and also go to school full time and didn't need this day off like you don't even know, I can assure I would not have sat in my room all day on the computer doing homework. (I would have at least been looking at better things on the Internet.) I took one break to get some groceries and while I was driving listening to Rubber Soul I was incredibly tempted to just keep driving forever. Why is nothing better than driving alone listening to good music with no distraction of passengers? I could have made it to Canada in like 3 hours. I should have done it.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I believe that math is definitely not necessary to my education. That is why I am a communications major, and take the least amount of math possible.

Mallory said...

yah no kidding, i really don't think it will help me in my art major much. i can't wait to be done with it forever.

Anonymous said...

Driving is such a wonderful thing. Especially when it's raining, and you're listening to whatever the crap you want to listen to, and you have no pressing place to be. I really want to do that, maybe I will now that I seem to have more time, but unfortunately, it doesn't rain enough around here for me to really enjoy it.

By the way, I love the title of this blog. It's so clever!