Sunday, April 11, 2010

America Jr.

I had a couple days off in a row, which hasn't happened in quite a while, so I took full advantage. Also one of those days was my birthday, so I figured I should do something worthwhile. I had plenty and I mean plenty of things that I needed to get done and those days off would definitely have been the perfect time to get those things done, but instead I decided to stress myself out and lose sleep to get those things done before Sarah and I left for our quick Canadian adventure.

Vancouver is only three and half hours away and I've never been to that part of Canada before so we thought it'd be a great cheap place to go. We spent most of the time there walking around and filming really pointless explanations of things we knew nothing about. (I would post them here, but they were taking a long time to load. So, if you are in dire need of seeing me on film talking about nothing that matters to anyone, you better hope you're my facebook friend). We went to some incredible restaurants and had the best Malaysian fish there is known to man. Then I decided - that's it, I'm going to Malaysia. I need to eat this on a regular basis. Or I guess I could just learn how to make it myself, but somehow I don't think it would be the same. We also had some French crepes that were worthy of throwing up and re-eating as well. (it makes sense, stop it) The hostel we stayed at was small and cheap, like normal. Except this one had an entire flock of birds nesting in the room with us. Well, I guess they were outside the window, but it sounded as if they were on the pillow squawking right in my ear all night. I slept well.

I was ecstatic that they had an HMV and I spent a fair amount of time perusing the CD's. I was upstairs looking for the newer Jape album and also Coconut Records when Sarah came up with an expression of horror on her face and exclaimed that she had just seen a penis. WHAT WHY!!! Apparently some homeless guy on the street didn't care that the entire walls of HMV are made of glass and chose to face the store and all of its customers and relieve himself. I'm glad I missed the show.

The new Vancouver temple also just got finished being built so we went and saw it. We were two days early for the open house so we unfortunately didn't get to go inside, but it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very nicely written and nice summary. I laughed. Except for the fish was not the best malaysian fish, it was at minimum the best fish that exists in this galaxy but in all reality was the best thing to eat in the universe. oh mannnnnnnn. let's find some hotties and drive them to our new best friend and eat that again. k thanks. then we'll take a long walk on the beach and end with a sweet crepe. magnefique! Actually, why wait for a man to eat something delicious. We deserve it ourselves. Just for being us. Oh man, let's go to the malaysian or something like that restaurant in the u district sometime before you return to the bubble