Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Adventures of Mal and Lou


Here is a quick recap of the newest chapters of The Adventures of Mal and Lou that took place over this last weekend.

Thursday: I spent the morning taking a stupid math final. I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time I was taking it and it totally sucked. I joke about throwing up a lot and I usually use it too describe something exciting, but this time I for real wanted to puke. I didn't though. And after the test I felt fine. Dumb. We will have to see how the crap test went. Then afterwards I headed to the airport to catch my flight to Newark. At about midnight or so Lindsey got me at the airport and we headed to her house to basically go right to sleep.

Friday: We woke up and ate breakfast then headed to the train station to catch the train to NYC. When we got there we spent the next few hours just wandering around from Time Square to Central Park to Staten Island to basically wherever we wanted. While we were in Central Park we happened upon a baseball game and stopped to watch. Lindsey started cheering for a "Timmy" because well, why not. Obviously we knew no one on the team, but it was pretty funny to us when the team members started yelling for Timmy too and thought we were actually looking for him. Well, just watch this video of it and it will make more sense. We also filmed some prime people watching and our commentary of it while we were there. (It may be posted on the internet somewhere someday, but for now it was taking way too long to load so we gave up.) After we got tired of walking around the city it was pretty late so we headed back to Lou's and pretty much went straight to bed.

Saturday: SIX FLAGS! That's basically all that needs to be said. It was pretty hilarious when we almost lost our bags at the end of the day. Our ticket for our locker wouldn't open the locker so we had to get the park maintenance people to come open it, and when they did someone else's stuff was in there. We were like - um crap that's probably not good. So then we had to open all these different lockers until we finally found our bags. The park people were super nice about it so that was good. We were so happy to find our stuff that we seriously wanted to hug the cute old man that helped us find our things. But we didn't. Then we left and got Rita's (Italian ice) and headed home to get pizza and Ralph's (even better Italian Ice) and watch a lot of episodes of Arrested Development. (quite possibly my favorite show now) Then we met up with Dave and Bryan to head to their house to watch Hot Rod. Lindsey had never seen it, which appalled me considering it's probably the best movie ever made, so we had to watch it.

Sunday: We drove to Philly and wandered around most of the day looking at all the typical Philly sites. We also probably got Ralph's like 2 or 3 times. It's one of the best things that has ever happened to my life and I wish we had it on the west coast. When we got home we spent the rest of the night watching Arrested Development.

Monday: We went back to NYC and wandered around SoHo in the pouring rain. When we got hungry we went to Chocolate by the Bald Man, this incredible chocolate restaurant, and ate so much chocolate. We both wanted to just pass out, it was so good. We left feeling way too full, but it was totally worth it. Then we headed home to get Ralph's and watch Arrested Development. (see a pattern?)

Tuesday: We went to New Hope, PA and wandered around the shops looking at whatever. Then after we were there for about an hour the power went out and no one was letting people into their shops anymore. So we left to get more Ralph's. Then I headed to the airport and back to the west coast.

The trip was way too short and it was so incredible to hang out with Lindsey again!! I am seriously considering moving to the east coast sometime in the future. Maybe just for Ralph's, but no seriously I could live there, I'd love it.


No comments: