Sunday, March 29, 2009

Someone Call The Ambulance, There's Gonna Be An Accident

The training has begun. I am sixteen weeks away and I cannot wait! On June 27 I am running in my first marathon. 26.2 miles of heaven. It's the Rock 'N Roll marathon in Seattle so there will be a different band playing every mile or so and then that night after everyone is done will be the headlining band (which hasn't been announced yet). So, basically this marathon was tailor made for me: Seattle, running, music - not much else needed to make me happy. If they were passing out Cafe Rio salads at the end then it would be perfection. But Cafe Rio is only in Utah and maybe Idaho I think, so that would never happen. I am in dire need of eating one. My little brother is in Utah right now and I told him to bring me one back in his luggage, I don't think he will. I don't think it would be the same either. While I'm on the subject of food, why do my hands still faintly smell like Ethiopian food when it's been like 2 days since I went to that most amazing Ethiopian restaurant in Seattle? I wash my hands a lot it should be gone, weird. Anyway, the training is pretty easy. It's basically the same amount I already run except one day a week I have a really long run. Like last week I ran 10 miles straight, next week 12, next week after that 14, and so on with some variation. There are tons of trails through the woods out here and I just run through them for hours, it's awesome. As long as I don't get attacked, by human or bear, I should be good. I guess we'll see.

It's seem I have been faced with quite the dilemma, The Killers and Cold War Kids have concerts on the same night and I don't know which one to go to! They are on April 22ND, a couple weeks after my birthday so I figure that's a pretty good present for myself but I just don't know which one! I guess it should be settled in the fact that I have never seen The Killers and I have seen Cold War Kids. But what if when I saw Cold War Kids I had a bad experience? Not because the show was bad, they did great, but my company was bad. (that guy- as Whitney would say. Hey, at least I didn't have to pay for my ticket right?) And I would love to see them again and see them perform their new stuff. I can only imagine how wonderful "Relief" is live and you know they would do "Hospital Beds". Oh good crap. But Brandon Flowers is so gorgeous and Day and Age needs to be seen live by me. Actually I really want to see them perform "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine". Well, looks like I will be losing sleep over this, great. (Really I probably won't at all)

I love being in my home state so much because when I get pulled over for speeding, which I totally didn't coming home late last night, I can be like - "Really? Do you know Trooper Zebley, yah I'm pretty sure he's a sergeant for Washington State Patrol, probably yours, oh yah and totally MY DAD. So why don't you go ahead and NOT write that ticket."- Yah that's not what I said at all, but it never fails to be funny when they see my last name and go "Oh are you related to Trooper Zebley?" No officer, I'm not. Zebley is an extremely common last name I'm surprised you've never heard it. Of course I'm related to him.

3 comments:

3rd times a charm? said...

AH HA HA HA I LOVE YOU MAL! I'm SO jealous! I've wanted to see cold war kids FOREVER! I wish I could go with you. But I'll just be comeing back from Coachella!! MAYBW I'll come run that marathon with you!!! I've been training!!!

Mallory said...

I wish you could come too! They are so good live! somehow I don't believe you when you say you have been training haha but you can totally come run it with me if you want!

Courtney said...

Mallory! I am doing a profile on Hawk Harper, he's Utah's running guru and holds world records for marathon times. He is trying to get me to run a marathon... Hmmmmm