Monday, March 9, 2009

7 Minutes In Heaven

As I was running and listening to my iPod the other day, I realized something. Most of my favorite/the best songs out there are about 7 minutes long or a least very close to that. Yet I still find them to be not long enough, they should go on forever. It seems the longer a song is the better it is. Weird, here's some good ones -

Sick Sad Little World - Incubus 6:23
Aqueous Transmission - Incubus 7:46
Asleep - A Film in the Ballroom 7:14
Pictures of You - The Cure 7:28
Limousine - Brand New 7:42
You Won't Know - Brand New 5:42 (not quite as close to 7 min but so unbelievably worthy)
MFEO - Jack's Mannequin 8:01
Knocked Up - Kings of Leon 7:10
The Sun and the Moon - Mae 7:16
The Beautiful Ones - Mariah Carey 6:59
Space Dementia - Muse 6:20
Sunset on a Friday - Mitch Zebley ongoing

These are just a few 7 minute (ish) wonders that have crossed my path and will forever continue this journey of life with me. There are plenty more out there, but these are the ones that came to my mind first. So they win.

Not that I'm super proud of where I'm from or anything, except that I am, check out all the great bands that Washington state has given the world!

Nirvana (probably 100% of Washingtonians love Nirvana, even if they are hardcore hip hop fans like my little brother)
Modest Mouse
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Death Cab for Cutie
Postal Service
Sound Garden
The Presidents of the United States of America
Jimi Hendrix


And if anyone cares at all, I pretty much can't stop listening to Interpol right now. Mainly Our Love to Admire, I have the other two also but that ones definitely getting a lot of play time in La Toya.

No comments: