Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh It's Such A Shame For Us To Part

As I took the little silver key off of my keyring and handed it to the woman behind the desk, I realized in that moment my life would be forever changed. I would never see Henry again. Since March 2005 we have spent time with each other almost every single day. I thought our love was everlasting, but apparently I was wrong. Everything was going so perfectly. We had plans for the future; we were going to take a road trip together. Who would have thought it would all come to a screeching halt, quite literally. So farewell Henry Fonda my red Honda. I will always remember the way I had to guess how fast I was going because your speedometer didn't work or how you just hated defrosting the windshield. Lets not forget the time we were driving to Salt Lake so I could go to work that one winter and you decided you just didn't need the right front tire, so it flew off and we almost died. That was so darsh of you. Despite our differences we made such a wonderful team. Every time I see a red civic I will think of you and our time together. 13 is such a young age to die, you will be missed my little 5 speed wonder.

No comments: