Thursday, December 24, 2009

Welcome to the family McArthur, you've been much anticipated


"OK thanks, let me think about it for a minute" is what I said to the Apple store guy before leaving the store to go meet my dad, Mitch and Michelle down the hall in the mall. By the time I reached them at the other end of the hall the flood of questions filling my mind -is it worth it? - yes; do I really need it? - yes, for school; do I really want to spend that much money? - no; etc. ceased when I realized I was in love with this beautiful piece of machinery that now sits here upon my lap and has in turn become another part of me. So I told my family members, who were at this point probably a little annoyed with my indecisiveness by now (we had already gone to two other places and I still couldn't even decide if I wanted to buy a new laptop at all) that whatever eff it I have enough money, I'm just going to get it. I walked back into the Apple store found an employee, pointed at the one I wanted and said I'll take one. Elated, I walked out of that store ecstatic for the future ahead of me. Oh the nights McArthur and I will spend together. (Fitting name right, I know)

Most people know this about me, but I seriously have a huge money spending problem in that I don't spend it. It was really really hard for me to justify dropping $1200 of my savings on a new Macbook. (plane tickets are probably THE only thing I don't even think twice about spending huge amounts of money on) I had to keep reminding myself how much I have been wanting a Mac forever and my old laptop broke like a year ago so... Also I start school again in like 2 weeks, I think it's justified.



1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ummm, Mallory. I have no idea what is going on in your life.... School? Mac? Nordstrom? What is going on?!