Thursday, June 5, 2008



Tuesday I had the glorious experience of having all four of my wisdom teeth pulled, yay! I probably haven't ever had so much fun in my life. Let's see, yep never had more fun. No, really it wasn't that bad. I got paid $550 for it too, so that was sweet. All I had to do was stay in this place for 24 hours and do all these weird "favors" for this guy. At first I felt a little uncomfortable, but I just had to remember- it's all for the money. Actually you're disgusting and have you ever met me before. Obviously that's not true. I did have to stay in their clinic place for a day and a half though. It was a study for the medication to be taken after the surgery, but I never ended up taking the medication because I wasn't in that much pain. Apparently I have a high pain tolerance. My mom says that's true and I've always been like that. She said that when I was little and had to get shots I never cried, I would just stand there and take them. She also has said she thought I was retarded or handicapped too, thanks Mom, love you too.
It was pretty uneventful laying in bed all day and night (thanks to my insomnia and the awkward feeling in my mouth, I probably slept, collectively, maybe two hours while I was there). Almost immediately after I got out of surgery all the nurses where ordering themselves lunch and of course they were getting Cafe Rio. This severely pissed me off. Then while they were eating their Cafe Rio they were talking about how good Bombay House is. At this point I was ready to kill. Must you talk about my two absolute favorite places to eat right in front of me when you know that I can only eat soft foods for the next week or so? How inconsiderate can you be? Nothing else of my stay is much worth writing about. Well, one girl passed out but that's nothing to freak out about.
The next day I was pretty swollen and it was awesome! I was hoping someone I didn't know would ask me what happened to my face so I could tell them a long story of how I beat someone up and they only got in two punches to my mouth. Unfortunately I never got the opportunity. I was also contemplating committing some kind of crime so I could have a mug shot taken but I couldn't bring myself to get something put on my permanent record just for a sweet picture. So I just took some myself. Today my swelling is pretty much gone, so I don't look like I should weigh 500 pounds anymore.
The whole experience wasn't all that bad and to me the worst part definitely was not pain. It's the fact that I can't go running, and still can't for a few more days. I have to wait til the areas are healed so I don't get nasty throw up dry socket. I HATE not being able to run. It's all I can think about! Right after I got out of surgery I was like - OK sweet, got that done. Now heal so I can run right now!! If you know me at all, you know the extent of how much this bothers me.

No comments: