Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friday night after attending the Chance and Dan sing-a-long at Muse, Shayla and I were off to our much anticipated "Girls Night Out". We finally found Courtney's apartment after seriously like twenty minutes, no probably more than that, of driving around Provo trying to find it. When we finally found it it was, not even kidding, like MAYBE four blocks from Muse. This yet again is just another example that attests to: Mallory driving + Provo = She's retarded. I honestly don't know what it is with that town. I can find my way around Salt Lake just fine, you'd think I would be able to figure out Provo. Whatever. So anyway at our girls night, which consisted of work friends and myself, we started to discuss blogging. We may or may not have read peoples' and made fun of them, but that is beside the point. Might I add that our girls night lasted for a good 4 or so hours and not a single picture was taken. I think by current "girls night out" standards that would make it completely unsuccessful. Anyway, a few of the girls have their own blogs and were telling me to start one of my own. I have personally always thought they were super gay and a waste of my time, but due to recent boredom and slight insomnia I've been having for a couple months now - here I am. Considering my days are usually quite uneventful and mainly consist of 6-8 hours of work, about 2 hours of working out, school (when it's in session) and then however else I decide to spend the rest of my time, I just don't really see how many people would be too interested in what I have to say or well write about. But here we are.

So the other day I had an epiphany of sorts pertaining to schooling and the rest of my life. I had recently met a woman shopping at my work that designs and makes custom gowns and wedding dresses. Since I'm studying fashion at school I thought it would be a good idea to work with her company part time and see how I like it. So last Thursday I went and started working. I worked on sewing a corset for about two hours and then it was time to close. Oh just to let you know I found this ladies address on the first try. I was shocked too. As I was listening to Muse's Origin of Symmetry album (that has nothing to do with my story, I just want you to know I was listening to Muse. They're good) I realized - I cannot and will not do this (meaning sewing, fashion etc.) for the rest of my life. I do not have a passion for it, I hate sewing and the whole idea of that being my life makes we want to throw up. Not in the excited "throw up all over my thighs" kind of way, but the really bad way. I've always slightly felt in the back of my mind that I didn't really want to do this, but maybe I will grow to love it or at least like it more. Well I didn't and I'm basically saying eff it to that whole plan and I applied to go to UVU and I'm going to be majoring in Fine Arts. My dream job is to travel the whole world (7 times) and paint/draw what I see and experience other cultures. Now as far as I know no one is going to pay me to do that, but I'm amazing and watch it happen.

Insomnia still going strong so I'm just going to ramble on. Oh are you kidding me, did that just rhyme. I hate myself. So a few days ago marks the end of an "era", if you will, for me. After it's release April 15th, the Mariah Carey E=MC2 album has left my cd player in the car. That was a good strong month or month and a half I had been listening to that and nothing else. Well minus the ten days I was in Egypt. I didn't bring my iPod, for fear of losing it, so I didn't listen to much of my own music then. It's OK I had sweet Amr Diab to get me by. It had been awhile before this Mariah stint that I had listened to one album so consistently. Every now and again this happens to me. The last one I recall was Mae's Singularity. Man was that a good one. It lasted quite a while, I'm sure anyone that was friends with me at that time remembers it quite well.

I don't know how everyone else feels about late late night t.v. but I'm pretty pissed that Full House is nowhere to be found. I swear Home Improvement has been on repeat forever. It's a fine show, but I just want to watch some classic touching moments between Danny and D.J. or Uncle Jesse and Joey in a fight about something really stupid. Oh well Home Improvement will have to suffice for now. Actually I'm probably going to go to bed. Honestly I highly doubt I will be updating this that often and I even more highly doubt caring.

1 comment:

VessandAngie said...

Mallory,
I just read your entire blog and am now completly satisfied with myself. It was amazing. I miss all of you guys so much and am probably going to read your blog often to remind myself about what I'm missing out on. I just picked a template for my blog and will finish the rest someday.