Saturday, October 2, 2010

New Delhi

After an infromative discussion with one of our hotel's tour organizer people (whatever you call them) we had a set plant for the next few days, which only slightly strayed from our original plan. At about 11AM we set out with our driver covering a lot of ground within new and old Delhi. We spent an hour at the Red Fort, which probably could have been successfully visited in 15 minutes, before heading to an incredible Indian restaruant to eat ourselves sick. Garlic naan and butter chicken curry with a dessert of brownies, ice cream and phirni (some Indian pudding like dessert that I think is actually quite good). Please try to tell me something that is more delicous. (I don't expect you to actually try, because you won't be able to.) Next we headed to Qutab Minar, which turned out to be our favorite picture taking place of the day. A few unsuccessful jumping pictures for Maggie and a few successfull yoga pose puictures for myself later (yoga started in India so it only makes sense to me to do yoga poses in my pictures, even if they do look awkward and result in getting laughed at by my travel partners for specific poses.....ha good times by the fountain.) we were on to our next location, Lotus temple. I'm not sure if that's the real name. We wandered around shoeless and learned the purpose of the architecture and abit about all the religions taught about inside. Mostly I think the place looks sweet and it should be my house. I would totally be OK with living in a house shaped like a flower with like 5 pools. I could be a hippie, that'd be fine. By this point we were all nearly ready to head back to the hotel. A quick stop at the India Gate and the president's house for a few photos ended our days tour and we happily found ourselves back in our air conditioned hotel room watching ridiculous Indian music videos.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

aggggh. I have so many thoughts about this little post. Mostly I am feeling kind of sad I didn't go to India with you. ARGH! Who else will ever go to India with me? It's all about me. Me me me. Sounds so awesome. Mostly I mean the food. Actually it all sounds awesome. And the food. I'm glad it's good and no hepatitis has befallen you thus far. Keep that thing going for ya please, so we can still be friends when you come back to the United Freaking States of America.