Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How Do You Do It, Make Me Feel Like I Do

My jaw literally dropped and I froze as I let my ears focus into the familiar tones of the most beautiful male singing voice one could ever hear. I dropped the clothes I had been folding and went to my radio to turn it up. Could it be? I think I'm going to throw up, it is!!! That voice could only belong to one: Brandon Boyd, in the brand new Incubus song "Black Heart Inertia". I almost couldn't contain myself in the unfathomable joy I was not expecting to experience this morning as I was cleaning my room accompanied by the sounds of 107.7 The End. This (clearly) was the first time I had ever heard their brand new track off of their upcoming album, which unfortunately contains only two new tracks and the rest are greatest hits. Since I own all the Incubus albums and therefore have all those songs you would think I would opt not to buy this one when it comes out on June 16 (I'm already counting down). But remember who is typing this blog, the girl who hates burned CD's and downloading music and actually has the real albums to back up at least 75% of the music on her iPod. So for those two new songs, I need the album. Plus there could be pictures of Brandon inside. To me he is the quintessential "hot guy" and I personally think every guy should strive to look more like him.


How can you not be in love with that?

I solved my recent dilemma in purchasing two tickets to the Cold War Kids concert tonight. I decided to leave the decision up to fate as to whether I should go to The Killers or Cold War Kids and it answered with The Killers show selling out, which I figured it would. I'm perfectly fine with that, I'm a bigger Cold War Kids fan anyway. So in a matter of hours my brother and I will be at Showbox enjoying the sounds of one of the better bands that has emerged over the last few years.

All in all I'm in love with Incubus and generally obsessed with music.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Firstly, and most importantly, I didn't know people still listened to the radio in their rooms! Haha. But everytime I think of Mr. B, I think of that fabulous artwork you crafter.

David said...

You should consider buying just the tracks you like instead of the whole album. It's great paying $2 for the 2 songs I really like instead of $10-$15. That's what I did with Love Hurts, and that's what I'll do with Black Heart Inertia most likely. Of course, if you're in love with them, I suppose no amount of money is too much...